Albion Fire Department responded to a vehicle fire on Jan. 21 in Albion. The fire started in the engine compartment and was apparently caused by an electrical malfunction. Fire Chief Bruce Benne said the fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes. Photo by Thomas Hosford of the Albion News.

     Mar. 1, 2020: Waucoma Fire Department’s Breakfast, 9 a.m.-12 noon, Waucoma Event Center, 308 Riverview Dr. West, serving pancakes, sausage and eggs.

Mar. 7-8, 2020: Fire Chaplain’s Basic Training, Hot Springs Fire Station, 202 N, Garden St., Hot Springs.

     When your house burns and everything is de­stroyed, it’s hard to consider yourself lucky but Jim Vaughan is alive. Had it not been for neighbors who noticed his garage and house were on fire and went through the door to find him, there might have been a tragic end to this story.

     The Cresco Community Fire Department was paged to a residential structure at 12442 Old New Oregon Road in rural Cresco at 10:50 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5th. The homeowner, Mike Grube, was asleep on the first floor when awaken by heat and smoke detectors.

Ashland firefighters access the roof of a home on fire by using the aerial ladder due to icy conditions. While fighting the fire, a marijuana grow operation was discovered in the house and one person was arrested. Photo by Tiffany Alcorn, Ashland Rescue.

 Something other than a fire caught the attention of firefighters as they fought a blaze in an Ashland home last week.

Firefighters from Custer, Fairburn and Argyle gathered in Custer on Jan. 29 to participate in a live fire training exercise in which donated homes were burned to allow firefighters to work on forceable entry and ventilation operations on a structure fire as well as observe fire behavior.

     Box Elder Fire Department was called to a vehicle fire on Dec. 26. They were assisted by Ellsworth Air Force Base Fire Department as the fire had extended to the residence. 

Albion Fire Department responded to a vehicle fire on Jan. 21 in Albion. The fire started in the engine compartment and was apparently caused by an electrical malfunction. Fire Chief Bruce Benne said the fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes. Photo by Thomas Hosford of the Albion News.
Ashland firefighters access the roof of a home on fire by using the aerial ladder due to icy conditions. While fighting the fire, a marijuana grow operation was discovered in the house and one person was arrested. Photo by Tiffany Alcorn, Ashland Rescue.

See all the fire and rescue action from the midwest. For just 50 cents a month, you can have access to the latest fire and rescue news from Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and more. See fire stories, photos and video.
Click here to subscribe.

Albion Fire Department responded to a vehicle fire on Jan. 21 in Albion. The fire started in the engine compartment and was apparently caused by an electrical malfunction. Fire Chief Bruce Benne said the fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes. Photo by Thomas Hosford of the Albion News.

Upcoming Events

     Mar. 1, 2020: Waucoma Fire Department’s Breakfast, 9 a.m.-12 noon, Waucoma Event Center, 308 Riverview Dr. West, serving pancakes, sausage and eggs.

Pages

Blaze Publications, Inc.

Jeff Gargano - Editor
P.O. Box 122
Humboldt, IA 50548
jeff@blazepublicationsinc.com
Phone: (515) 604-6400
Fax: (515) 332-1505

News and Advertising: News and advertising deadlines are the 15th of each month for the next month's issue.

 

Comment Here